Suzuki has just launched a new compact SUV into the market. The Vitara Brezza has finally made it to South Africa shores, making Mzansi the first African country to welcome this newcomer. With an ever-growing segment, the Vitara Brezza needs to shine. Here are some facts that you need to know.
- The Vitara Brezza is India’s most popular compact SUV and the fastest compact SUV to reach 500 000 sales in that country. The Vitara Brezza accounts for 23% of its segment share and 11% of all SUV sales, across all categories in India. To date, Suzuki has sold over 600 000 Vitara Brezza models.
- The Vitara and Vitara Brezza will share the showroom floor going forward with the latter serving the entry-level market and the former continuing as Suzuki’s flagship SUV.
- A big part of the global success of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza is its design and dimensions, which make it a nimble urban cruiser (watch this space) with the ground clearance, ride height and interior space of a true SUV.
- The Vitara Brezza has the same wheelbase as the flagship Vitara at 2 500 mm, but it is shorter (by 180 mm), wider (15 mm) and rides higher off the ground (198 mm vs 185 mm) than its sibling.
- The Suzuki Vitara Brezza, is available in either GL and GLX specification and with the choice of manual or automatic transmission. Both the GL and GLX ride on 16” wheels, but in the case of the more luxurious GLX, the wheel width grows from 205 mm to 215 mm. The GL is fitted with steel wheels with silver wheel caps and the GLX is fitted with diamond-cut and polished alloy wheels as standard.
- Suzuki enthusiasts will immediately notice the inverted U-shape of the lower grille, which is a signature Suzuki SUV-styling cue that is shared by the Vitara, S-Presso and Ignis. This styling bar is flanked by bold fog lamp surrounds (with LED fog lamps on the GLX) and a lower chin plate in black on the GL and in silver on the GLX.
- The first item to catch your eye when you get behind the Vitara Brezza’s steering wheel is the large 7” touch screen infotainment system, which is standard across the range and which forms the centrepiece of the dashboard. The system is fitted as standard with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and it will display the image from the reverse camera when engaged. Bluetooth, auxiliary input and a USB port are also standard.
- In the Vitara Brezza, active safety systems include ABS brakes with emergency brake-force distribution and brake-assistance, airbags for the driver and front passenger, pre-tensioners and force limiters on all seatbelts and ISOFIX-mountings for child seats.
- The Vitara Brezza range will be fitted with Suzuki’s proven and highly popular K15B engine. This motor has been engineered to deliver a 77 kW at 6 000 rpm and 138 Nm of torque at 4 400 rpm. Power is delivered to the front wheels via a five-speed manual or new four-speed automatic transmission.
- Buyers will be able to choose the Vitara Brezza 1.5 GL or the Vitara Brezza 1.5 GLX with the choice of manual or automatic. The Suzuki Vitara Brezza has a class-leading 4-year/60 000 km service plan and a 5-year or 200 000 km promotional mechanical warranty.
- Suzuki Vitara Brezza GL Manual R244 900
- Suzuki Vitara Brezza GL Auto R264 900
- Suzuki Vitara Brezza GLX Manual R289 900
- Suzuki Vitara Brezza GLX Auto R309 900
*We will share more details on the Vitara Brezza when we get it for an extended test in the coming weeks.