Lexus will exhibit the “GX Outdoor Concept”, at the Tokyo Auto Salon 2023, to be held at Makuhari Messe, Chiba City, this coming weekend (13 to 15 January 2023), as well as at the Tokyo Outdoor Show 2023 over the same period. Other Lexus highlights at the show includes the “RX Outdoor Concept” and “ROV Concept 2”.
For us, the big news is the GX Outdoor Concept. Starting with the GX 460 in a unique Terrain Khaki Mica Metallic, it includes a Yakima rooftop tent, a LED light bar integrated into the front bumper, and a trunk full of camping gear.
The suspension was changed, now featuring a dedicated setup made by the reputable Australian marque Old Man Emu, while the Multi Terrain tyre are Toyo Open Country in 275/65/R18 on its black painted wheels. Lexus has integrated a Warn winch in the configuration so all that it needs to embark on an epic adventure is a full tank and supplies to keep you going in the wild.
- Overall length: 4 880 (±0)mm x Overall width 1 880 (±0)mm x Overall height 1 880 (±0)mm
- Overall height with roof top tent (stored): 2 400 (+520)mm
- Overall height with rooftop tent (in use): 3260 (+1,380)mm
- Overall width with ladder extended: 3 830 (+1,950)mm
- Powertrain: 4.6-litre V8 DOHC engine
- Drivetrain: AWD
Interior / Exterior
- CBI Off road (front bumper, front skid plate, mid-skid plate, rocker protection, roof rack, etc.)
- Yakima roof top tent
- Rigid light bar (bumper, roof rack)
- WARN Electrical winch
- Old Man Emu (suspension, upper control arm)
- TOYO TIRES Open Country M/T LT275/65R18